Let’s reflect… I’ve had a pretty good 2013. Right now I’m sitting, alone, in a restaurant that I’ve never been in before. Old Natalie liked to stick to what she knew, my friend Raya would be so proud. It’s an organic vegetarian & vegan restaurant at that!
This year, I’ve experienced some new thing and accomplished a few things.
1. I started going to church, alone.
2. I started my blog and an outline of my book.
3. I went on several interesting dates.
4. I met a man that I like, yaye!!! 🙂
5. I’m leaving the year with the same friends that I entered the year with; that’s always a good thing. I also made some new friends at work and through mutual friends. My circle is expanding with positivity.
6. I have a new position at work and it’s a promotion!!
7. I’ve been consistent with my weight. Still wearing the same size; can’t be mad at that!
8. I’m in good health; the family is in good health.
9. I went on two great vacations.
Pretty good 2013 if I do say so myself. I’m ready to tackle the New Year and have made some resolutions.
1. To be more active in church. I’ve been slacking 😦
2. To make exercise a CONSISTENT part of my life – I will definitely need some motivation for this one… uugghh why is working out so hard? I need to get into a groove. Someone was supposed to have me salsa dancing by now, I wont name any names, Tasha. I think that I am going to have to do a boot camp or something. Something that will be a scheduled part of my life. I did a boot camp once at USF and I really enjoyed it. I’m going to look into that… it’s kinda cold out right now though… ok no excuses
3. Eat a healthier diet – I’ve been doing alright in this aspect. My house has no juice, soda, or snacks. I can offer my guest water and peanuts lmao. I just need to get more fruits and veggies in my life. I have made the decision to no longer eat fast food and begin an organic lifestyle.
4. Decrease the amount of money I spend eating out – I am so weak in this area. I LOVE eating out!! I have decided to practice the cash rule, once it’s gone no eating out. At least I don’t have to worry about fast food… McDonalds et al will NEVER see another cent of my money. Those who know me, know that I do mean NEVER.
5. Focus more time or writing – Blog more often, while still ensuring that I’m not blogging for the sake of blogging. Focus on my book because right now it’s a skeleton lol. Less TV, more reading and more writing.
I think those are quite realistic and attainable goals; I am hoping for a prosperous 2014 and wishing everyone the same.
HAPPY NEW YEARS!!